Noemdek is a holding company with subsidiaries serving different sectors of the economy. Our business model is to partner with investors and companies to deliver investments that drive significant value and establish companies with a lasting competitive advantage. We are able to leverage the decades of industry experience and functional expertise. Therefore, we look beyond standard solutions to develop effective partnership structures, new insights, mobilize organizations, drive tangible results, and make public and private institutions more capable.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Service Specialist
- The role of the Technical Service Specialist is to provide professional service and support for customers by performing field service installation, startup, repairs and maintenance of Analytical Instruments.
- The Technical Service Specialist will work within the guidelines, established by the Director of Service & Manufacturing, and will follow the established procedures of the organisation.
Typical duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installation- technical consultation and installation assistance to on-site personnel or contractor Startup
- Customer pre-consultation, site readiness preparation, startup monitoring, assist and train Equipment Maintenance
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Repairs – repairing machines and systems, including rebuilds Troubleshooting-determine causes of operating errors and taking action to remedy the problem Equipment selection-determining correct tools and equipment required to perform the job Record Activity – complete service reports, record repairs, warranty and maintenance performed.
- Responsible for installation expertise, calibrating, configuring, testing, maintaining, evaluating and troubleshooting, pre-commissioning, commissioning and repair as necessary.
- “Hands on” experience with Gas and Liquid Chromatographs, AA/ICP/ICPMS , Spectrophotomers , thermal Analyzers and others.
- Perform scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance of equipment and associated equipment.
- Provide installation expertise at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance.
- Read and review blueprints, plans, specifications and other documentation to prepare for startup or service.
- Responsible for on-site training of customer personnel to company standards on proper operation of their equipment.
- Build customer relationship in a professional manner through solution-oriented communications and service, providing both on-site and telephone support.
- Work with engineering, project management, spare parts and management groups to resolve escalated problems.
- Provide written service & expense reports to Director of Service & Manufacturing on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Properly document, label, and return all defective parts resulting from repair.
- Make technical recommendations to maintenance technicians and/or equipment operators.
- Work closely with the Director of Service & Manufacturing and service coordinator to ensure site work is carried out in the required order, for completion by the required timeline.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures at all times. Develop and maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site and in the manufacturing facility and report any breaches or concerns on health and safety matters to the Director of Service & Manufacturing or HR.
- Ensure all materials, tools and equipment provided to you, are kept safe, and secure. Ensure all are calibrated in good working order to company requirements.
- Assist in manufacturing or engineering with customer projects, as well as unit refurbishment or replacement at the customer site or the company manufacturing facility.
- Assist the parts department with recommended spare parts and wear parts to existing and new customers.