The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position
below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Telephone Technician
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in repairing, maintaining and servicing telephone lines, distributing frames and cable networks;
- Execute installation, maintenance and servicing of Mini PABXI/IPPBX system;
- Participate in maintaining and servicing of plastic trucking/conduit piping;
- Participate in the maintenance and servicing of console attendant station;
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance on telephone sets;
- Assist in installation of both ADSL and VDSL;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.