Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is recruiting for Therapeutic Efficacy Study (TES) Data Manager
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Job ID: 13-11014
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A576 - PMI - S
Reports To: Technical
Reporting line: TES Core Team
Administrative Reporting line: Senior M&E Advisor
PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention. PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
The National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP), along with a TES core team, plans to initiate activities for the 2020 TES in March 2020. We are seeking to engage a consultant data manager for the 2020 TES who will receive direction from the TES Core team. S/he will oversee data management for the 2020 TES which includes data collection, collation, and analysis as well as coordinating activities of the field data clerks and ensuring timely and accurate completion of data collection, collation, validation, and analysis.
The 2020 DTES will be conducted in 4 Sentinel sites across 4 geopolitical zones of the country. The sites identified for the study includes Lagos, Cross-River, Sokoto and Adamawa states.
- Provide feedback during finalization of TES protocol, data collection tools, procedures, job aids, and training materials.
- Oversee data management (collation, validation, analysis, secure storage of source documents).
- Set up and maintain data repository for the study.
- Set up and oversee the data quality assurance system.
- Review data for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Communicate any concerns or data issues immediately to the TES Coordinator and Core team.
- Liaise with directly with the core team on data analysis.
- Assist in preparing the final report.
- Data repository for the study
- Data quality assurance protocol
- Collated, cleaned, and validated data set
- Data analysis report
- Review of the final 2020 TES report