The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Trade Adviser - Infrastructure, Retail & Healthcare Sectors
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 2 years
Job Field: Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Job ref.: 08/20 LOS
Grade: C4 (L)
Working hours per week: 35
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Type of Position: Full-time, Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Job Category: Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
Job Subcategory: Department for International Trade (DIT)
Start Date: 1st May, 2020
Main Purpose of Job
- Developing new export and business investment markets for UK companies is a top priority for the UK Government. This role is based in the UK Government’s Department for International Trade (DIT) team in the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos to lead work on the infrastructure, retail & healthcare sectors in Nigeria.
- The aim is to increase the export of UK goods and services to Nigeria, and to expand UK business investment in Nigeria in these sectors. This includes building relationships with key buyers and the Government in these sectors in Nigeria.
- The job holder will identify opportunities for UK firms; and help British companies to win contracts and make successful investments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Department for International Trade secures UK prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment, and championing free trade.We promote UK businesses overseas and attract foreign investment to our shores.
- We have 3,000 staff across the globe in over 100 countries. Our aspiration is to address some of the challenges facing the UK, by helping British businesses to internationalise and grow overseas.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- We are looking for someone with credible private sector experience, an organised person with an ability to take the initiative, work with enterprise and with limited supervision, as a self-starter able to drive work forward creatively, drawing on UK strengths in business and local opportunities.
- The individual should be a team member who works collaboratively.
- Identifying and delivering a pipeline of export business opportunities in Nigeria for UK companies in the infrastructure, retail & healthcare sectors, in consultation with business and based on an understanding of UK business interests.
- Marketing the UK’s capability in infrastructure, retail & healthcare to key stakeholders in the Nigerian public and private sectors, to help land multi-million-pound deals.
- Working towards and meeting set targets for the year.
- Identifying investment opportunities in the Nigerian market and addressing and seeking to resolve any market access barriers faced by UK companies.
- You will lead Nigeria’s trade activity in the infrastructure, retail & healthcare sectors, working closely with colleagues in Nigeria, building a healthy pipeline of potential deals; and working with British businesses to best position them for success;