Brookstone is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
Job Title: Trainee Accountant
- We’re looking for an organized and goal driven Graduate Account & Finance Trainee to join our growing team at our company. The candidate will work closely with other operations personnel and be responsible for the day-to-day handling of the company’s accounts, cash flow, investments and financials.
- We’re an energetic company and we are looking for a passionate individual to join our organization and bring strategic value to our finance team.
- The candidate will provide accounting support including preparing accounts, statements, and payments, and will provide corporate finance support by leading treasury strategy, investment raises, and financial forecasting and valuations.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the Finance Department and help the company grow its financial strength, controls, and prowess in order to ensure long term financial health and success.
- Ensure Accounts are up to date and billings are correct
- Processing Payment Vouchers
- Preparing of Management Accounts and making recommendations on where to minimize and maximize revenues
- Monitor Budget Performance and Prepare Variance Analysis
- Prompt approval for daily payments raised
- Upload payments on the Accounts Software
- Daily confirmation of Bank balances, Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statement, confirming deposit with bank and date of expiration
- Preparation of invoices to clients
- Preparing and Submitting Statutory Returns
- Preparing salary payment schedules
- Rendition of Monthly and Annual returns to relevant tax authorities and other regulatory bodies
- Creating and sending out invoices, managing accounts, and tracking inventory.
- Coordinating bank reconciliation
- Matching invoices to approved or request as applicable
- Receivables tracking and recording for all projects
- Inform management on receipt on projects from clients.
- Send monthly statements to all clients and following up on reconciliations
- Analyse and make recommendations regarding investment that will help in achieving the Company’s objectives
- Account Payables i.e. Payment of cheques, preparation of cheques, sending request for payment, and getting approvals from Managing Partners for payments, confirming cheques and other bank correspondences