Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, a multinational transportation Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Efficiently manage the company’s fleet of trucks and uninterrupted supply to meet customers’ demands at all times through effective management of vendors, drivers and transport stakeholders in and out of the port.
- Schedule of the company’s fleet to meet clients’ requirements. Trucks required for loading must be positioned at the clients’ warehouse a day prior to loading day.
- Liaise with clients to inform their exact container requirements.
- Liaise with warehouse manager daily to program truck arrival, loading, and departure.
- Monitor drivers and truck locations with a report sent to management every morning.
- Report any delays or repair needed on trucks immediately they occur to the management.
- Arrange daily express access into the ports and ensuring the free passage of company trucks from locations to the port.
- Manage relationships with law enforcement agencies to ascertain traffic situations and arrange free passage of company trucks and vessels.
- Ensure trucks are adequately fuelled and approved funds for road expenses disbursed to drivers.
- Ensure adequate arrangements are made for drivers for easy collection of cargo.
- Ensure a quicker turnaround of the company’s fleet.
- Manage drivers' concerns and bringing them to the immediate notice of the management.
- Liaise with the company operations team for transport requirements for each client.
- Ensure every truck loaded is accompanied by an escort.
- Monitor the procurement of trucks from our current pool and other potential transporters.
- Ensure drivers and motor boy are paid on time
- Communicate details of hired and lay off drivers to the Accounts department immediately its effected.
- Minimize downtime of the company fleet.
- Ensure fleet registration, documentation, and updating of drivers’ license