BitPesa is a pan-African platform redefining how businesses make payments to and from sub-Saharan Africa. Focused on using cutting-edge blockchain technology to increase efficiency across markets, BitPesa opens corridors for business payments and trade between Africa and the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Middle Office Analyst
- The candidate will be responsible for reporting on treasury positions, results, instruments, products, activities, systems and procedures.
- You will support the Treasury back office and Trading team. The Treasury operations cover multiple time zones and locations such as Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, along with counterparties in Europe and the US.
Risk, Governance and Control:
- Perform daily open position reconciliation and ensure that Treasury performance is tracked and reported accurately.
- Assist in the preparation of float, exposure and liquidity reports.
- Assist in processing counterparty limit requests on behalf of front office.
- Ensure Compliance with Standard Operations Procedure(SOP), Treasury policies and audit requirements.
- Keep abreast of local market developments which could have direct bearing on change to Procedures/reporting requirements.
- Ensure critical controls relating to market risk management is being observed and assist in raising appropriate awareness in Treasury Front and Back-Office.
Systems maintenance and development:
- Participate in any systems implementation in the Middle-Office
- Participate in training initiatives to ensure Front-Office/Middle-Office/Back-Office staff receive adequate training on Treasury risk systems.
- Assist in development/design of reports to provide appropriate information which identifies the risk
- Positions and profit and loss profile of Treasury.
- Maintenance of records/documentation of Treasury Middle Office reports.
- Responsible for importing reports from Treasury Express.
- Assist in providing required documentation for audits.
- Assist in providing necessary documentation for implementation of new systems.
- Ensure maintenance of the filing system of Treasury and Market Risk Policies and procedures.