Zido.co Network Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Truck Logistics Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a reliable Truck Logistics Manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. His responsibilities include organizing and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
- The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Capacity to support business growth and organizational development of the Transport Department of the company by his vast experience of the practical operations of the fleet trucks and cargo delivery services.
- Deep knowledge of the working of the following agencies and bringing to bear this knowledge and connection to the business of the company:
- Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
- Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA)
- Nigeria Police, etc.
- Take the lead role in planning, costing and allocating routes and vehicles ensuring sufficient flexibility is in place to meet the varying and changing needs of customers
- Ensure that all Trucks are compliant with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalate any identified issues and recommend resolution to the management.
- Ensure transport staff deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance and individual risk assessments.
- Manage and develop a team of drivers and transport supervisors, who may be working remotely, either alone or in small teams, in order to deliver a high-quality service to customers.
- To ensure high standards of service delivery through the consistent application of recognized standards and established policies, procedures and practices.
- To work in a safe and effective manner at all times.