Our client is a wholly owned Nigerian Company dedicated to effecting development in the Nigerian Oil and gas industry.
We are currently in search of qualified candidates with solid experience in the oil and gas industry to handle some of their key projects for our client, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Turbine Specialist
- Organises on site the maintenance operations which are placed under his responsibility,
- Assists the Planning Engineer with the resourcing and suitable planning input to ensure a quality preparation and execution of all Maintenance works.
- With his teams assists specialists working under Specific Maintenance Contracts (SMC),
- Ensures that COMPANY’s HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility,
- Manages interventions using the CMIMS and work packs provided by the planning team,
- Reviews all intervention reports in the CMIMS (including those concerning SMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field,
- Monitors (and in certain plant - Operates) the functioning of utilities and all equipment placed under his responsibility, Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on SITE,
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly within his teams and actively participates in this himself, leading others by his example,
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the team of technicians directly under his responsibility, Is a member of the SITE emergency team,
- Carries out, at CONTRACTOR’s site representative’s request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takes in charge the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until correct operation is resumed.
- Identifies, in the preparatory stage of maintenance works, any delicate operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand,
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements,
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programmes and, if need be, suggests improvements, Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts,
- Keeps track of any backlog of work in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to COMPANY and CONTRACTOR if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable,
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications.
- Verifies the quality of his teams’ interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand-back of large, critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity.
- Ensures that the members of his teams have the qualifications and skills required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures.
- He is responsible for maintenance operations within his field of competence.
- He ensures that maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with COMPANY’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice, thereby guaranteeing the quality of maintenance operations, within his field, carried out on SITE by CONTRACTOR.
- He guarantees a good level of availability of the equipment he is responsible for on production SITES.
- He plays a predominant role in the transfer of skills to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on SITE.