The person applying for the position of University Chaplain shall meet the following criteria:
- A Christian (preferably of Baptist denomination) who is visionary and innovative, with exemplary leadership and good communication skills.
- He/ She must be digitally compliant, up-to-date in the use of information and communication technology and knowledgeable in automation of Chaplaincy operations.
- He or She must be in excellent physical and mental health and be between 40 and 50 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant must possess a minimum of Master’s Degree in Theology or its equivalent from any Theological Institution or University recognized by the Nigerian Baptist Convention with not less than 10 years post qualification experience in Pastoral Ministry.
- Possession of a higher degree from a recognized University/Baptist Theological Seminary will be an advantage.
- Evidence of teaching experience at the tertiary institution level or its equivalent may be an added advantage.
- Evidence of working with Baptist Student Fellowship, Baptist Youth Fellowship, MMU / WMU and involvement with Baptist work in the University system or in the areas of
- Missions/ Evangelism/Discipleship/Mentoring.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send their Application, CV and all other necessary Credentials as attachment in PDF format using the following format:
- Full name with surname first in capital letters
- Post applied for
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal address including GSM number and email address
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Work Experience
- Present employment, status and salary
- Service to national and International bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
- Signature and date.
The Application should include candidate’s statement of Vision and Mission for the University for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words.
Referees’ should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
Candidates are also requested to submit ten (10) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked Post of University Chaplain, Bowen University, Iwo to:
P M. B. 284 – Iwo,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.