Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of University Librarian, American University of Nigeria should possess:
- Ph.D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five(S) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or comparable institution
- Knowledge of ICT is mandatory;
- Membership of the relevant professional association is mandatory.
- Candidates for the positions of University Librarian must not be above the age of sixty-one (61) years by June 2020.
- In consonance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Laws (2020), the appointment of Registrar is for a term of five (5) years respectively.
- Remuneration of the University Librarian, American University of Nigeria is competitive, in line with the American University of Nigeria benefits and allowances, as may be approved by the Governing Council of the American University of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit formal Application electronically, with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following below, to email below using "Post of Registrar, AUN" OR "Post of University Librarian, AUN" as the subject of the mail.
- Full Name
- Place AND Date of Birth
- Nationality (if Nigerian, indicate the State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number and Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of Certificates to be enclosed)
- Post-Graduation / Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate's standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character, and integrity
- Contact Address (including telephone numbers and e-mail address).
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an interview with the appropriate committee of Council at a date that will be duly and formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.