University of Benin, Benin City, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Non-Academic position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Benin City, Edo
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of the Library services in the University and its Campuses, Colleges, Faculties, Schools, Institutions, Departments and other teaching or research Units.
- Applicants for the post of University Librarian must have, in the past, exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of Library administration and management.
- Applicants must be in good health and able to endure the rigours of the duties of the University Librarian. Also, candidates must possess the following qualities: vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- In addition, candidates should have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and arouse cooperation and loyalty to staff and students of the University.
- Candidates are to write in not more than five hundred (500) words, their vision for the University Library Services Development and management for the next five years.
- Prospective candidates must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT driven Library, working at the highest level of efficiency to promote and sustain a vibrant Library including an e-library of world class standard with up to date volumes.