- A Christian (preferably of Baptist denomination) who is visionary, innovative, of high integrity with excellent interpersonal communication.
- He/she must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people, especially the library staff and users.
- He/she must fully understand the complexity of the University System and must be able to effectively utilize its human resource to develop a library system that will fully support the aspirations of the University to attain world class status. He must enjoy good physical and mental health and must be between 45 and 55 years of age as of the time of assumption of duty.
- He/she must be ICT compliant and able to move the University towards virtual library application and platforms.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University and a Master's Degree in Library and Information Science or its equivalent and must have had not less than fifteen (15) years of relevant post-graduation experience, five (5) of which must be in University Administration and must show evidence of active research supported by a substantial number of scholarly publications in refereed journals.
- He/she must be a certified Librarian with evidence of membership of recognised professional bodies (e.g. Nigerian Library Association (NLA) etc).
- Possession of a doctorate degree will be an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The appointment shell be for a single term of five (5) years.
- Bowen University runs a unique remuneration package, which is similar to what obtains in other tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and driver and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send their Application, Curriculum Vitae and all other necessary credentials as attachment in PDF format to: email@example.com using the following format:
- Personal Data:
- Full Names: (Surname first)
- Date of Birth
- Town / State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Ages
- Name and Address of Next-of-Kin
- Religion and Denomination
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Home/Postal Address
- GSM No:
- E-Mail Address
- First Appointment (with date):
- Current Post(with date)
- Post Applied For
- University Education (with dates):
- Academic Qualification(s) (with dates and granting bodies):
- Professional Qualification(s) and Diploma(s) (with dates):
- Scholarships, Fellowship and Prizes (With Dates) (in respect of Undergraduate and Postgraduate work only)
- Details of Teaching Experience:
- Previous Teaching Administrative and Managerial Work Experience:
- Work Experience at other Universities (specify):
- Courses Taught at other Universities
- Graduate Study Supervision (if any)
- Honours and Distinction
- Membership of Learned Societies
- Major conferences attended in the last five years with papers presented
- In progress
- Dissertation and Thesis
- Books already published:
- Chapters in Books already published:
- Articles that have appeared in learned journals:
- Manuscripts Accepted for Publication:
- Articles that have appeared in Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- Technical Reports.
- Signature and Date.
Note to indicate:
- On-shore publications
- Off-shore publications
- Publications after the last promotion/appointment
The Application should include candidate's statement of Vision and Mission for the University for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words.
Candidates are also requested to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked "Post of University Librarian, Bowen University, Iwo" to:
P.M.B. 284 Iwo,
- Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.