Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: UOP Nigeria Business Development Engineer - Sales
Req No: 198114
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos NGA
- UOP is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum and petrochemical processing.
- Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
- There is an immediate opening for a Business Development Engineer in the Process Technology and Equipment (PT&E) Sales Department. This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Initially supporting and assisting the activities of the Lagos-based Business Development Manager, the objective of the holder of this position is to grow into customer-facing role with direct account responsibilities.
- The Lagos-based Business Development/Sales team provides the necessary customer coverage, relationship management and commercial and technical positioning of UOP process technology and equipment to ensure optimum market share in the region of West and Central Africa. The team requires flexibility, innovation and sensitivity to client needs and to delivery of value. The Lagos Business
- Development /sales team will provide extensive support to all Business Units within UOP.
- Candidates should have a sound technical background, ideally in the refining, gas processing and/or petrochemical industry and be motivated towards meeting customer needs and achieving sales success and contributing effectively to the meeting of business unit profitability and volume.
- Developing a clear understanding of all the Refining, Petrochemicals and Gas Processing customers in the region, in particular with respect to their business drivers, buying behaviours and decision making structures.
- Developing and maintaining good long-term relationships with key customer personnel, as well as with local representatives and key personnel within relevant engineering contractors and industry consulting groups.
- Supporting the Sales organization to achieve its sales revenue and margin targets.
- Helping to position relevant process technologies with customers and equipment with a view to ensuring UOP’s success as well as maximizing sales revenue.
- Contributing to the development of strategies for complex sales prospects in consultation with sales management, sales support groups, and the other SBU’s whose products or services are involved.
- Preparing won/lost reports for all sales events.
- Preparing commercial agreements.
- Forecasting sales revenues for the accountable region on a monthly basis.
- Managing and expediting accounts receivables for assigned customers.
- Implementing customer plans and maintaining customer contact records in conjunction with the other SBU’s.
- Assisting in identifying and communicating cross-SBU project opportunities to the relevant SBU.