MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Senior Manager, Business Intelligence and Geo Marketing
Employment status: Permanent
- Responsible for implementation of the enterprise wide BI strategy, Decision support , Network roll out and Geo marketing insights.
- Drive the implementation of the SMART Network Coverage plan to optimize revenue, market share and return on capex investment.
- Lead the review of Business Processes (BI headcount, Data governance), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in Contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN Value Creation Philosophy
- Ensure effective implementation of sub-divisional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Lead creation of sub-divisional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals with emphasis on client experience (internal and external)
- Serve MTNN’s customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical high value customers to enhance MTN’s Corporate Brand
- Develop strategies, champion customer centric culture across the organization, and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Work closely with IT, Network group, Sale team and Marketing to implement the BI roadmap and processes, Network Coverage plan and regional initiatives.
- Interface with OPCO stakeholders, Group Management Service stakeholder and consumer divisional heads (not limited to) in order to ensure effective and efficient operations
- Ensure team’s collaborate with Quality Assurance and Internal Audit teams to perform periodic quality and process audits
- Collaborate with other functional heads to enhance key elements of the consumer business model
- Collaborate with Group Management Services/Group Technology and OPCO leaders to add and / or modify suite of services/support provided and develop standard templates and reports
- Partner with MTNN’s Ecosystem Partners to deliver business value.
- Drive the implementation of the BI data quality and governance processes to improve reporting quality and decision making across the enterprise
- Define and manage business rules for key business metrics (subscribers, revenue etc and implement automated dashboard (Daily, weekly monthly) to track performance at executive and operational level.
- Identify and gather BI requirements from the business units and work with IT to ensure timeline delivery in line with quality standard.
- Provide detailed granular insights (network, customer behavior, channel, competition etc) on regional and territory performance identifying growth opportunities, root causes, risks and tactical initiative to improve performance.
- Coordinate the National and regional engine room activities including insight generation and performance management
- Identify coverage risks and opportunities (ie in terms of churn and acquisition potential) and define strategic targets for Network Coverage optimization around costs, coverage quality needs, market opportunities and customer.
- Work closely with the network group, sale and marketing teams to ensure effective implementation of the annual coverage plan
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of tactical intervention plan to improve network site/cluster utilization, profitability and revenue generation.
- Direct the post implementation evaluation of regional initiatives, programs and market activations.
- Develop and deploy predictive analytics model and big data capabilities to drive actionable insights and actions.
- Provide strategic guidance with respect to implementation of new BI systems, tools, applications and architecture.
- Drive integration of all existing data sources into one single Enterprise warehouse as well as develop acquisition plan for new data sources ( internal and external) .
- Manage geo coding and cluster delineation setting robust criteria for cluster prioritization.
- Secure successful implementation of key transversal location/geo based projects and initiatives across MTNN.
- Identify training and development needs and manage skills enhancement programmes for the virtual sales team to ensure enterprise sales targets are fully met.
- Review performance against agreed KPIs and compliance to SLAs
- Create and monitor plan for continuous improvement
- Review performance of teams.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Regional, national and international travel.