Department: Brand and Communications
Reports To: Managing Director
- The Business Development Officer will focus on customer acquisition, lead generation, and prospect management in Ranaj, as this role will meet with potential clients.
- The Business Development Officer will research and manage client business referrals, network, physical and web leads; provide prospective customers/clients with all services offered and additional presentations as needed; and work with clients to create solutions for their needs and consult throughout the sales process. Must be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to close sales and increase revenue.
Operational and technical responsibilities:
- Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
- When it comes to generating leads, day-to-day duties typically include: Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
- Prepare weekly inputs into sales opportunities for review in a team revenue huddle
- Committed to grow in industry expertise
- Identification and solicitation of prospective clients within the multifamily, mixed-use real estate industry and other verticals as assigned, via networking, research, phone calls, email communication, etc.
- Maintain a sales pipeline for prospective client opportunities and update records in Sales force for proper tracking and reporting
- Maintain proposal template reflective of current rates and services for use by other sales team members
- Subscribe to key industry publications and media alerts to identify new business opportunities
- Attend business conferences with the intent of networking to build opportunities as assigned and willingness to travel as needed.
- Gain full understanding of Ranaj to determine the correct strategies and tactics to pitch to a prospective client
- Demonstrates initiative and role model behavior. Is proactive and works toward supporting an achievement oriented culture and performance excellence
- Displays appropriate behavior and contributes to creating a positive team spirit
- Remains alert to emerging issues and global trends that might benefit t or otherwise impact individual and team’s work;
- Creates regular opportunities for peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders.