Evaluates mechanical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
Confirms system's and components' capabilities by testing capabilities.
Develops mechanical products by studying requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling mechanical components; soliciting observations from operators.
Assures product quality by designing mechanical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
Prepares product reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting repair service.
Deliverables – REPORTING TO EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT.
· She/he must be able to work in diverse roles within the facility and will be required to work shifts and put in long working hours.
· Schedule and undertake periodic maintenance on all electrical equipment, components, and installations
· Provide prompt response to inquiries whenever there is a breakdown, and resolve the issue as quickly as possible
· Ensure that equipment are in good working order so as to prevent disruption of activities
· Installation of fresh electrical components and fittings
· Recommend replacement for old or faulty electrical components or fittings to the management
· Assist in forecasting requirements, creating a budget and scheduling expenses for the electrical department
· Keep record of all stock and supplies, including company’s electrical equipment
· Working in collaboration with the production team to formulate the best cost-effective manufacturing process
· Perform energy audit and recommend alternative sources of energy to help the organization to reduce energy costs
· Ensure that all electrical gadgets and instruments are switched off after close of work daily
· Fix and maintain lighting fixtures and fittings
· Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services
· Provide safe working environment for members of staff, and ensure electricity induced accidents and mishaps are prevented
· Provide 24 hours a day maintenance services or assign technical staff to do so
· Supervise electrical works when new projects are undertaken
· Support the company in increasing profitability by managing resources efficiently and making necessary recommendations.