An indigenous farm plantation located in Okaka in Oyo State, South West Nigeria is seeking for a competent Farm Manager (in charge of Administration), whose main duty involves running of the day-to-day and long-term management of farm activities in an efficient and profitable manner.
You will be expected to carry out the following activities:
- Planning and coordinating farming activities across the key phases of preparation, planting, harvesting and processing.
- Plan financials and production to maintain farm progress against defined budget
- Budgeting and maintenance of accurate financial record.
- Maintain and monitor the quality of yield with knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how they are treated
- Interface with local and national agencies on behalf of plantation and ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Maintain a sustainable health and safety standards across the farm estate
- Coordinate activities, mentoring and monitoring of staff performances
- Arrange the maintenance and repair of farm properties, machinery and equipment
- Buy and administer supplies, such as fertiliser and seeds
- Willing to undertake practical activities, such as driving tractors, operating machinery, or spraying fields
- Involvement in advertising and marketing farm products