Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists in development of the institution's annual audit plan.
2. Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews workpapers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
3. Schedules and plans audits; initiates project planning, assess risk and develops audit direction.
4. Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes, while meeting established time budget.
5. Performs audit work, including plan preparation, workpapers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
6. Coordinates and interacts with Regents, administrators, faculty, and staff, and with external audit and law enforcement agencies, as needed; may be required to testify in court; may also be required to interact with university students and alumni, and with vendors doing business with the university.