A leading UK University that offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages in conjunction with its Nigerian Regional Office, is looking to hire an in-country representative. The University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry. It connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
The Student Recruitment Service The Student Recruitment Service is tasked with developing and implementing the University's student recruitment strategy. Focusing on ambitious targets for growth in the University’s student numbers, the Service promotes the University to prospective students, teachers, parents and other key stakeholders. Working in a competitive environment, we deliver a highly-targeted range of recruitment activities which focuses on key milestones in the prospect journey from initial enquiry through the application process and up to the point of enrolment. Data and evidence constantly informs our decisions to ensure that we provide an efficient and effective service to our customers at all times.
Post of Nigeria In-Country Representative This new key role is responsible for leading the development and delivery of student recruitment from Nigeria for the University. Based in Nigeria, you will design and deliver an imaginative and highly targeted range of recruitment activities and be accountable for ambitious targets for undergraduate and postgraduate student recruitment. You will lead and coordinate engagement with the University’s Academic Schools and other Professional Services supporting recruitment in Nigeria as one of the institution’s primary recruitment markets. The post-holder will work closely with teams in the following areas to optimize delivery and results:
- Academic colleagues across all campuses and in all of the Schools of the University
- International Operations: Scholarships, Entry Requirements, Logistical Support, Portfolio and Product Training, On-campus visits
- Prospect Experience Team: Enquiries Management, Admissions, CRM
- Marketing: Web Presence, Marketing Collateral, Events
- Development & Alumni: Alumni relations linking to recruitment
Profile of Role Holder You will have exceptional knowledge of University sector challenges and opportunities in relation to Nigerian Student Recruitment, which you will keep constantly updated. You will be expected to act as an ambassador for the University, notably with key Nigerian partner Universities and funding organisations. You will be strategic in your approach and able to influence senior decision makers through concise and clear articulation of the environment and the University’s place in it. Resilient yet structured in your work, you can work under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst ensuring priorities are aligned to strategic imperatives. You will be a self-starter and able to work independently for extended periods. As the post is based in Nigeria it is imperative that you can work with minimal supervision and using initiative at all times. You will also have excellent communication skills and be adept at using digital and social media platforms. You will keep in constant touch with colleagues in the University, notably in the Marketing, Admissions Recruitment and Communications team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and deliver a carefully researched, ambitious and clear student recruitment strategy for Nigeria that reflects the requirements of the institution across all Schools and Campuses.
- Work with a carefully selected number of Nigerian funding bodies to successfully deliver student recruitment targets.
- Plan, coordinate and execute a carefully researched, data-informed programme of external visits to Nigerian Universities, Colleges and recruitment events.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Marketing, Admissions, Recruitment and Communications Directorate to ensure Nigerian recruitment activities effectively and clearly link to the broader institutional recruitment and marketing strategy and operational activities.
- Link to the Development & Alumni team to ensure optimum use is made of the University’s extensive alumni network in Nigeria in supporting student recruitment activities.
- Ensure the University’s activities in Nigeria are fully compliant with legal and regulatory requirements. This notably includes employment law.
- Lead the coordination of inward visits to Nigeria by University staff.
- Travel regularly to the University’s campuses to develop and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Ensure portfolio and product knowledge is comprehensive and regularly updated.
- Regularly horizon scan on competitor activity and market opportunities and ensure the University’s Nigerian recruitment activities reflects best practice in the sector
- Any other occasional duties assigned by the Director of Student Recruitment