Davebrook Schools is a Foundation Co-Educational institution (Primary and Secondary) School and an integral part of the Magboro/Makogi/Sheffu Community working to promote academic and moral excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Primary School Teacher
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Establish and enforce rules for behaviour, and procedures for maintaining order.
- Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children's progress and needs, determine their priorities for their children, and suggest ways that they can promote learning and development.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.