A manufacturing concern based in Lagos is keen to secure the services of an experienced professional as TRUCK DRIVER. Candidate must have a reasonable level of Education as to be able to communicate and comprehend. He must have 5 –7 years’ experience in Trucking Goods preferably for a manufacturing company in Nigeria. The Candidate must be a licensed Truck Driver who will be responsible for the safe and timely delivery of our goods. You will be tasked with driving and maintaining trucks that will be assigned to you, as well as working closely with our logistics team in order to plan routes and track deliveries. Candidate must have the relevant driving licence and other similar certification to operate and manage a truck and the drop tail semi-trailer unit to deliver finished products to customers within the Nigerian territory. Successful candidates must have a clean driving record and must pass a drug and alcohol test.
Truck Driver Responsibilities:
- Drive long distances to deliver goods to customers.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record cargo deliveries.
- Refuel and clean vehicle.
- Report road incidents to the dispatcher.
- Follow traffic laws.
- Inspect trucks and record issues.
- Follow accident procedures.
- Keep an activities log and log hours.
- Report mechanical problems to maintenance personnel.
- Plan routes using GPS system.
- Get goods to the client on time.
- Adhere to laws on articulated vehicle operations as per Federal, State and local authorities.
- Maintain a positive attitude with customers.
- Keep commercial driver license up to date.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must have clean driving record.