The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Verification Officer
- The Verification Officer is responsible for assisting the Verification Manager in investigating inconsistencies in operation or project management areas and verifying information to ensure compliance with internationally accepted policies and regulations.
- This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Regular travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Verification Officer reports to the Verification Manager.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Verification Manager in conducting verification process on any claims received.
- Ensure compliance with International Development policies and regulations.
- Identify and investigate inconsistencies or other shortcomings of the project in assigned areas.
- In collaboration with Verification Manager, identify and recommend, as appropriate, efficiency improvements to policies and procedures.
- Assist the Verification Manager in reviewing overall budgeting and financial information of the project including cash flow administration, time sheet recording, and management of in-country expenses.
- Assist the Verification Manager in producing updated monthly reports.
- Review invoices and ensure they are done in accordance with internal procedures and International Development policies.
- Provide verification management and systems training for project staff.
- Assist in facilitating continuous improvements through providing support to the project or grantees involved in project activities.
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls to ensure high level of quality assurance compliance.
- Carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the organization’s financial, physical and information resources are managed Other tasks, as assigned.