Qualities and Qualifications
The applicant for the post of Vice-Chancellor of Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti must possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Must have been a Professor in an institution of high reputation for a minimum of ten years as at the date of the advertisement;
- Will be the chief image-maker of the University;
- Have extensive and deep experience in all facets of University administration and also capable of providing academic leadership;
- Be a person who, judging from his/her track records, commands respect both nationally and internationally in the academic world;
- Be morally sound, of unimpeachable character and integrity, free from pecuniary embarrassment, and enjoys excellent physical and mental health;
- Be computer literate and have adequate administrative and research experience for a sustainable realization of the mandate and mission of the University;
- Must have a drive for technological innovation suited for the development of a 21st century University
- Must be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interests;
- Be endowed with the knowledge and experience of how to raise fund to supplement government subvention;
- Have ability to develop linkages with external communities to meet the emerging needs of the University;
- Must possess a proven and demonstrable ability to attract international research and development grants;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra budgetary funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University
- Demonstrate ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff in all categories, teaching and non-teaching;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team-building skills and possess a high level of emotional intelligence and ability to build bridges amongst staff, students and other members of the University community and immediate neighbours
- The Vice-Chancellor will, therefore, be expected to have a deep understanding of the terrain and operations of the University and provide strategic vision and leadership to propel Ekiti State University as a foremost University in Nigeria with international recognition.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed for a single term of five years.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in all Nigerian Universities and as may be determined from time to time by Government and the Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
26th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty-five (35) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae providing information on the following among others:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Contact Address
- E-mail Address
- Contact Telephone Number(s)
- Marital Status, Name and Ages of Children
- Academic qualification (copies of credentials to be enclosed)
- Teaching, research administrative and managerial experience
- Academic distinctions
- Membership of academic and professional bodies
- Scholarly Publications (well referenced)
- A statement of his/her Vision of the Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti in the five (5) years and beyond (minimum of 600 words and not longer than 1,000 words)
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness (Candidates should request their referees to forward references directly to the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
All applications should be sealed and submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor, EKSU” and addressed to:
The Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council,
c/o Office of the Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Omolaya Administration Building,
Ekiti State University,P.M.B. 5363, Ado-Ekiti,Ekiti State.
Note: Short-listed candidates will be required to make themselves available for interaction with the Joint Council and Senate Selection Board for the appointment of the Vice-Chancellor.