The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) in Ondo State, Nigeria: As the first specialized University of Medical Sciences in Nigeria, its mandate is to advance high level excellence through teaching, innovative research, and service delivery in all health sciences disciplines.
The Governing Council of the University is inviting suitably qualified and highly motivated candidates with sufficient academic and administrative experiences to apply for the position below, which will soon be vacant:
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
- The Vice Chancellor is the Academic and Administrative Head of the University and is responsible, under the Governing Council and in accordance with the Statute of the University, for organizing and conducting the Academic, Financial and Administrative business of the University.
- The Vice Chancellor, as the Accounting Officer of the University, is the Chief Academic, Administrative and Financial Officer of the University.
- He/She is the Chief disciplinary officer and has authority over all employees and students of the University, subject to the Statute and Conditions of Service of the University.
- The Vice Chancellor is responsible for the promotion of a world-class, high quality University education and the provision of necessary academic and administrative leadership.
- Reporting to the University Council, he has mandate to provide institutional leadership and oversight, develop and drive the vision, mission and strategies for advancement of the University.
- The position of Vice-Chancellor of the University of Medical Sciences calls for a versatile, highly ethical, responsible and respected individual with unassailable personal and professional integrity, with a distinguished record of accomplishment in the University system, and with proven leadership qualities, administrative and intellectual capabilities as well as teaching and research credentials.