The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is expected to:
- Be an acclaimed scholar who is a Professor of very high repute and must have published in academic journals that are both of National and International repute
- Have had a wide range of academic and administrative experience
- Be on the rank of Professor for at least 9 years by 1st December, 2020.
- Provide administrative leadership to a well-informed and articulate local academic community
- Be a fair-minded and dynamic individual with a reputation that is impeccable in his dealing with people at all levels
- Possess requisite and relevant managerial experience to be able to provide leadership to the University
- Enjoy certified excellent medical and mental health
- Be a person of proven probity and integrity
- Be a well exposed and informed person possessing skills in communication technology, appreciating the consequences of ICT in the contemporary knowledge industry
- Be a tested and excellent manager of resources
- Must not be more than 65 years of age by 1st December, 2020
Conditions of Service
- A Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of 5 years.
- The remunerations and other conditions of service shall be as applicable in Nigerian Federal Universities and or as may be approved by the Governing Council of the University from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies of their Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, duly signed and dated by the candidates with the most recent Passport Sized Photographs attached to each. The sealed envelopes should be marked on the top right hand corner “Vice-Chancellorship Position”
The Curriculum Vitae should among others indicate:
- Full names
- Date of Birth/Age
- Marital Status
- Academic Qualifications
- Publications and
- Administrative Experience
All Applications are to be forwarded to:
University of Calabar,
P.M.B. 1115, Calabar,
Cross River State.
Important Information / Notice
- Each application should bear the names and addresses of three referees. Each referee should be requested by the applicant to forward directly to the "Registrar", a confidential report in sealed envelope marked Referees Report for applicant for the position of Vice-Chancellor at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Interview: Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.