BlueSlip invest / partner and grow international business in African market with a focus on west Africa. BlueSlip is also management consultancy firm, helping SME expand their operations and business. We provide varied management consultancy services for organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
- We are looking for a skilled Waiter or Waitress to take orders and deliver food and beverages to our customers.
- The right Waiter/Waitress uplifts the dining experience for customers. We are looking for someone who will have the patience, personality and perseverance to thrive in this role.
- Waiter/Waitress responsibilities include greeting and serving customers, providing detailed information on menus, multi-tasking various front-of-the-house duties and collecting the bill. If you are able to perform well in fast-paced environments, we’d like to meet you. To be a successful Waiter or Waitress, you should be polite with our customers and make sure they enjoy their meals. You should also be a team player and be able to effectively communicate with our Kitchen Staff to make sure orders are accurate and delivered promptly.
- He/She may require working in shifts and/or occasionally during weekends and holidays.
- Ultimately, it is the duty of our Waiters/Waitresses to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
- Add garnishes to food.
- Arrange tables or dining areas.
- Assist customers with seating arrangements
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for customers.
- Check patrons' identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Clean food preparation areas, facilities, service areas or equipment.
- Clean tables or counters after patrons have finished dining.
- Collect dirty dishes or other tableware.
- Collect payments from customers.
- Communicate dining or order details to kitchen personnel.
- Communicate with customers to resolve complaints or ensure satisfaction.
- Cook foods.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
- Enforce rules or regulations.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Prepare foods for cooking or serving.
- Prepare hot or cold beverages
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for patrons, and chill bottles of wine.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Present food or beverage information or menus to customers.
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Process customer bills or payments and general information or assistance.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Schedule dining reservations.
- Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens or dining areas with food or supplies..
- Take orders from patrons for food or beverages.
- Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.