Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv. We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products - from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
Job Title: Warehouse Manager & Logistics Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
About the Role
- The main purpose of Warehouse Manager & Logistics manager is to direct FG evacuation, receipts, warehousing, distribution operations and Inventory management.
- To manage direct finished goods shipment to customers by overseeing the efficient receipt, storage, FG re-handling and dispatch to customers.
- Ensure productivity targets are achieved and compliance to warehouse processes and controls.
- Ensure compliance to warehouse health, safety, security, hygiene and housekeeping standards as per company policy
- Operationally manage warehouse in compliance with company policies and vision.
- Oversee end to end warehouse processes i.e receiving, loading, warehousing, stock controls, dispatch and distribution, for raw/pack material and finished goods.
- Regular layout review and ensure efficient space utilization.
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce operational policies and standard operating procedures to optimize warehouse operations
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements.
- Manage stock control and reconcile with SAP system. Enforce a strict no scan, no move policy.
- Responsible for optimization of inventory levels in coordination with planning and procurement
- You will be responsible to continuously improve standard in logistics and warehousing and this forms part of the core expectations of your role.
- Shipment to customers will be done directly form the warehouse and you will be responsible to manage customer orders and ensure that orders are fulfilled on time.
- Conduct regular supplier performance reviews with the warehouse service providers.
- Follow up for timely 3P payments ensuring compliance to due P2P process.
- Liaise with stakeholders, suppliers and contracted 3PL transport providers to load/offload and dispatch Finished Goods
- Provide work plans, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results for the warehouse team.
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided.
- Ensure FIFO is strictly adhered to at the warehouse and regular ageing reports are shared with the team.
- Ensure proper SLOBS management in the warehouse.
- Ensure 100% conformance to plan to the loading plan and continuously improve on warehouse productivity.