Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Officer
Location: Rann, Borno
Position Type: Regular
Duration: 4 months (extendable)
- Receive and release supplies based on received authorizing documentation. Verify quantities and quality (including packing) according to goods receipt document, packing lists, waybills, pre-delivery inspection reports or purchase orders and report discrepancies if any
- Ensure that all stored materials are clearly marked with stock bins with waybill references and quantities per pallet/section & stored in a safe & appropriate manner.
- Ensure easy movement, ventilation, maintenance and systematic arrangement of stock
- Monitor the quantity and quality of the stored supplies and report on irregularities, if any, in relation to storage, receipt or dispatch & security of the warehouse
- Maintain records and ensure appropriate filing for all documentation related to movements in and out as well as monthly warehouse stocktaking reports
- Perform weekly physical inventory checks, provide monthly stock reports and data on receipts/releases, and immediately report on any variance
- Assist in regular/random physical stock taking in the warehouse;
- In coordination with the supervisor, handle administrative issues related to safety and maintenance of the warehouse. Liaise with the WH management on organizational issues, agreements signatures, etc.
- Maintain and suggest improvements of the current security systems to ensure the highest possible level of security.
- Arrange cleaning of the warehouse;
- Perform any other logistics task as requested by the supervisor.