Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Wash Officer (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
- The WASH Officer will be responsible for the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the WASH component of the BRICCS project activities in the assigned LGAS. He will supervise all WASH activities of the project in the designated LGAs and ensure quality implementation of that component of the project.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the daily implementation of project activities and progress at assigned work sites;
- Develop action plans for project implementation - including all technical specifications for project implementation. In collaboration with the BRICCS Program Manager;
- Design and supervise the technical implementation of construction and rehabilitation of water points in selected communities of the project area
- Consider different maintenance mechanisms, ensuring that they are appropriate to the local context and cultural norms
- Liaise with local government and sectoral stakeholders/counterparts to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status
- Develop and maintain good lines of communication and relationships with local authorities and the local community.
- Supervise and be responsible for, ensure that all technical aspects of project implementation are completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner according to standard engineering methods.
- Regularly update project implementation plans to the BRICCS program manager with associated time lines.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed work plans and written records of engineering work undertaken in the project.
- Ensure a high degree of awareness regarding the security situation in the project area. Based upon this knowledge take adequate measures to ensure the safety of any and all org staff and equipment in the project location.
- Follow all org protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the direct supervisor.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.