Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender-Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invests in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WaSH Officer
Location: Borno (Pulka and Monguno with some possible travel to other project locations and Maiduguri)
Job Category Department / Sector: WaSH
Reporting to: Senior WaSH Officer
Start Date: January 2, 2020
Slots: 2 Openings
- The WaSH Officer is responsible for the implementation of the program activities in the whole area of responsibility.
- S/he coordinates and oversees the contractors, provides updates to the Senior WaSH Officer, ensures timely and effective implementation of activities, including identification of financial, logistics and security needs in the deep field and sharing with his/her supervisor.
- Based on project documentation, develop and submit to the supervisor the monthly activity planning in coordination with contractor’s teams from the specific deep-field location;
- Develop and submit to the supervisor the monthly staff movement planning and coordinate respective staff movement requests;
- Provide his/her supervisor with regular updates on procurement needs and supporting documents for the request to the Logistics Department;
- Develop and submit advance requests related to the activities in the specific location, and ensure timely clearance of advances;
- Monitor the security situation and report any security or safety-issues to the Security Department.
- Ensure the daily supervision of contractors, assess regularly the quality of their work by ensuring their suitability with NCA technical prescriptions.
- Help team members to identify their needs in capacity building and share with the supervisor;
- Train the beneficiaries (operators and technicians) on the O&M of WaSH facilities.
- Ensure the contractor’s teams acts in line with NCA internal policies, more specifically CoC
- Participate on relevant evaluations and needs assessments;
- Understand and use the M&E Framework to collect relevant information on project implementation;
- Ensure regular data collection and transfer supporting documentation about implemented activities and results to the Senior WaSH Officer;
- Submit progress reports on a weekly basis;
- Contribute to timely and quality monthly reports;
- Communicate actively with partners and beneficiaries, support field level CRM
Coordination and Representation:
- Plan weekly spending on activities and regularly inform the Supervisor;
- Understand and follow NCA internal procedures (e.g. HR, procurement, finance and security);
- Respect the Security Protocols;
- Where applicable: regularly update the Security Department on the security situation in the respective deep-field location and contribute actively to NCA’s “duty of care”;
- Monitor gaps and humanitarian needs of targeted population and update the Supervisor regularly;
- If requested, contribute to preparation and designing of project proposal for different donors in line w Ensure NCA’s representation and visibility in relevant deep-field location coordination structures;
- Ensure NCA’s role as an active humanitarian actor with the management’s strategy.