Job Title: WASH Officer (Monitoring, Sustainability & Accountability) NOB
Job Number: 531841
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Work Type : Temporary Appointment
- UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children.
- To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
- Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- And we never give up.
- For every child, clean water
How can you make a difference?
- Under the overall guidance of the Chief of WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) Section and day to day supervision of the WASH Manager responsible for the DGIS ASWA II project, the incumbent will specifically support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of DGIS ASWA II Project, facilitating UNICEF partners to improve enabling environment for WASH implementation, establishing LGA WASH Departments and strengthening their capacity and that of community management structures (WASHCOMS) for effective Village Level Operation and Maintenance of water supply installations and sustaining of WASH behaviours.
- Support the Project Manager in the implementation and monitoring of ASWA II Project in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states using project designed tools like WASHBAT, Sustainability checks and Value for money templates
- Support the states in the development and quality assurance of annual state specific project workplans based on the overall AWSA II national log-frame.
- Support in the analysis of data and draft the project progress reports for the ASWA II project
- Develop PCAs and Programme Documents, supervise implementation and Monitor outputs of Programme Documents on different outputs areas of ASWA II Project like VLOM, Hygiene Promotion, Sanitation Marketing and financing etc.
- Take the lead in establishing a system for strengthening WASH Accountability by deploying WASH Voice Service linking up with facility tracking and training Communities/WASHCOMs to use the services in demanding for improved WASH Services from authority
- Support strengthening the enabling environment for WASH implementation by carrying out critical capacity building activities as identified in the UNICEF WASH projects documents, support establishment of WASH Departments and facilitate their orientation on WASH implementation process and procedures