The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WaSH Technical Assistant (Hygiene Promotion)
Webcruiter ID: 4260253957
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
- NRC is looking for a WaSH Technical Assistant (Hygiene Promotion) for our field office in Dikwa, Borno State in North-East Nigeria.
- The purpose of the WaSH Technical Assistant (Hygiene Promotion) is to ensure the Implementation and impact of WaSH program activities in Dikwa, Borno State
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Education and Camp Coordination and Camp Management in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The WaSH Technical Assistant reports to the WaSH Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Hygiene promotion (HP) and community mobilization (CM) activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- To assist the WASH Officer Manager in all aspects of HP and CM programs planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- To assist in the identification of communities/IDPs Hygiene promotion needs
- To develop tools and materials for HP and CM
- To assess the HP and CM needs of the communities/IDPs and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans
- Conducts a training session on HP and CM for the local Hygiene Promoters
- Provides technical assistance to the WASH Officer and local counterparts on issues Hygiene information and communication strategies
- Working closely with the Wash Technical Assistant to assists in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly hygiene promotion reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Ensure that procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Supervise, train and develop community leader and hygiene promotors
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Investigate and facilitate the introduction of new technology, methods, and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Wash Officer.