Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Watsan Assistant
Location: Banki, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- The Watsan Assistant primary function is to assist the Watsan Officer to ensure all-round operation of the mechanised and non-mechanised water points operated by DRC in the camp.
- Provide preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs to water facility, troubleshooting and repairs to water treatment equipment.
- Collect operating data and record, as well as document all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work.
- She/he will assist in Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them, including performing repair or referring more complex issues to supervisor. Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on issues related to WASH.
- Ensure the integration of WASH activities with other DRC sectors.
- Coordinate with WASH and Shelter counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Ensure good representation and reputation of WASH and Shelter sector at all levels.
- Actively participate in internal coordination