The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation, is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Weapon Contamination (WEC) Field Officer
- The Weapon Contamination Field Officer provides support to implementation and monitoring of ICRC WEC activities in Nigeria.
- Assists the WEC Delegate in implementation and follow-up of WEC activities;
- Contributes to the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC and share relevant information with colleagues;
- Collects and compiles WEC related information;
- Contributes to written reporting on WEC activities;
- Develops and maintains contacts with authorities and Mine Action implementing partners at local level;
- Translates/interprets as required by the department
- Reports events and changes within the region that could have an impact on ICRC's activities and hence provides sound elements to the Delegation that allow to establish objectives and priorities;
- Participates in internal and external meetings.
- Facilitates and quality assure WEC training for ICRC, IFRC and Nigeria Red Cross Society (NRCS)