Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
Job Title: Web Developer - Nourishing Africa
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: OND BA/BSc/HND
Job Field: ICT / Computer
- Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition, in collaboration with other partners, is designing an intervention platform titled Nourishing Africa that will be the hub for African food and agriculture
- The mission of Nourishing Africa is to "attract, empower, equip, connect and celebrate over 1 Million dynamic and innovative young entrepreneurs who will drive the profitable and sustainable growth of the African agriculture and food landscapes". As such, this hub will serve as a platform for these stakeholders to accelerate their work, connect with each other, and celebrate their successes on the continent.
- The portal will include information about data, funding, African food and chefs, career opportunities, and other resources to develop one's career in the agri/food industry.
- We are looking for a dynamic, fast and self-motivated web developer to join the Nourishing Africa Team, who will be in charge of the day-to-day running and functionality of the Hub.
- Code well designed, testable, efficient software by using best development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Manage front-end visuals and information.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling of the Nourishing Africa online hub
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities