What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Design web and marketing materials (graphics) that deliver consistently engaging and delightful experiences that are simple to use and elegant.
- Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, understand, and find.
- Exceptionally effective communicator with the communications and software engineers capable of thriving with remote and on-premises dynamics.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced iterative lean design environment.
- Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Working with the communications team to help deliver a polished product
- Quickly iterate on multiple visual design explorations to arrive at a simple, but a robust solution, accounting for complex requirements.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Build out UI artifacts, in addition to assisting our Senior UX Designer with UX experiences and research
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of stakeholders to design capabilities that define the next generational products
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- BA/BSc in interaction design, visual communication design, graphic design or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in research and design for web and emerging platforms
- Have a strong online portfolio and results in digital (web and app) applications
- Experience designing with style guides and pattern libraries and using a variety of tools like Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering innovative, elegant designs working under broad directives with minimal hand-holding or oversight
- Experience with collaborating on and present work to a range of stakeholders - executives, engineers, product managers, business leaders, researchers, other UX, and visual designers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in graphic design, animation, typography, iconography, colour theory, and visual layout.
- Experience championing responsive design principles.
- Proficient in UI design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proven experience in storyboarding, wireframing, and creating design specifications.
- Curiosity, creativity, and problem-solving attitude is a must.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively across the organization.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related field.
- A creative self-starter, team player with the ability to multi-task and focus.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to work longer hours and meet tight deadlines as needs may require.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.