Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welding Inspector
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Ensure proper interpretation of drawings and other documents
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if a weldment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
- Plan and witness the Welder Procedure Qualification Test (WQT)
- Endure and verify conformance of proper Welders Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) and Welding Procedures Specifications (WPS)
- Verify the compliance of base metals with the applicable specifications and WQR
- Assess the adequacy of welding equipment and consumables
- Appraise joint designs and joint preparations for compliance with drawings and design requirements
- Verify fit-up, cleanliness and environmental conditions
- Verify tack-weld and weld quality by checking preheat and inter-pass temperatures and final cleaning
- Verify welders’ qualification for specific operations
- Conduct visual examination and other any required NDE
- Verify cleanliness and weld surface quality prior to welding
- Oversee NDT examinations and repair activities
- Verify the proper performance of post-weld heat treatments where necessary
- Confirm adequate documentation of fabrication/installation and inspection activities
- Compile and submit data weld quality acceptance or rejection
- Provide early warning of potential weld quality issues and ensure non-conformances (rejects) are identified and reported to COMPANY.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by COMPANY