ipNX Nigeria Limited is a leading provider of infrastructure-based Telecommunications and Information Technology services here in Nigeria. Leveraging more than a decade of experience, the company was formed by the divestment of the telecommunications services division of Telnet Nigeria Limited and has been in operation for many years. ipNX currently provides a range of communications and IT services to Corporate organizations within Nigeria on its IP (Internet Protocol) based communications network using both radio and satellite communications technologies. As part of its growth strategy, ipNX seeks to also extend its services to small and medium sized businesses and residential customers. In the long term, ipNX has determined that it needs also to have a strategic presence in the wire line market to ensure that we will be able to provide future services, which require high bandwidth in the last mile.
Job Title: Wi-Fi Project Engineer
Job ID: 73
Department: Business Division
Function: Wi-Fi Project Engineer
Reporting to: Service Fulfilment & Support
Travel Frequency: As required
Purpose of the Job
- Reporting to the Team Lead, Wi-Fi, the Wi-Fi Project Engineer is responsible for designing and deploying carrier grade and reliable Wi-Fi network infrastructure for enterprise customers in accordance with set SLAs. He/she is also responsible for overseeing the ‘support and maintenance’ of the installed Wi-Fi network infrastructure within ipNX (Core) as well as deployments for Enterprise Customers (Access).
- He will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all activities required to fulfil and maintain enterprise Wi-Fi Services to customers. These include: carrying out extensive surveys to first of all identify the optimal equipment and solutions for delivering the requested services, creating the design diagrams, initiating and completing the procurement process, carrying out the actual installations as projects as well as the maintenance of these installations.
- He is equally tasked with ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and operational excellence during all levels of engagements with customers – including during surveys, service delivery (installations) as well as during support calls/visits.
- In addition to the above, he is also required to provide routine in-house training where required.
Expected Key Results:
- Network Infrastructure& Customer Management
- Asset Management
- People Management