TTC commenced operation in 2003 as TTC organization and was later, in 2007, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as TTC Mobile Limited. We are in the business of manpower development for the telecom industry, via delivery of practical telecom training. We have over 10 years corporate experience in training delivery.
Aside our regular corporate training for companies, and retail training for fresh graduates, TTC Mobile has successfully deployed various grass-root-oriented trainings programs like FREE IT Training(2003), National Youth Development Program(2005), National ICT Summit(2007), National Telecom Scholarship (annually, since 2008). In 2010, we were selected as training partner to the federal government’s Presidential Amnesty Program, which implementation commenced in November 2010; We completed this training project in 2011.
Job Title: Wireline Maintenance Quality Control Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Abuja, Lagos, Rivers
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
Years of Work Experience: 2 years
Function: Fibre Maintenance Department: Wireline Maintenance
Reporting to: Head, Wire-line Maintenance Job Grade: Outsourced
Travel Frequency: Yes Location: Lagos
Work Schedule: Date: 2019
Purpose of the Job (Brief)
- The Team Lead Wire-line maintenance supervises maintenance of fiber optic & civil work activities on the outside plant network. The OSP Supervisor will be involved in the day- to- day maintenance and management of the outside plant, taking into consideration Customer and Local Authority organizations in the maintenance of the fiber outside plant. The role is expected to involve a significant element of on-site attendance.
Deliverables (Maximum 5-6 key responsibilities)
Expected Key Results
- Point to Point and GPON Fiber Fix Supervision
- Restore service failures within 3 hours of its occurrence- Acceptance and integration of
- new projects and ensure all open incident tickets are closed within this time-frame.
- Restore service failures within 8 hours of its occurrence.
- Field to base Communication: Provide prompt feedback on field activities to stakeholders (especially customers) for both corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Provide prompt update of fiber tickets for break-fix works aimed at resolving customer service.
- Make request from store and co-ordinates activities around fault resolution.
- Coordinate issue resolution while ensuring compliance to quality work by the MSP.
- Ensures all fiber break-fix works are concluded within SLA.
- Communication detailed Reason-for-Outage to TAC team to enable them close tickets successfully.
- Preventive Maintenance Proactively track outside plant elements & activities to prevent fiber cuts.
- Proactively drive MSPs to identify, plan and execute preventive maintenance action on the fiber network.
- Enforce active engagement of construction works (road and real estate) by MSPs to mitigate damage to fiber infrastructure.
- Enforce active monitoring of trenching activities by other PTOs along our fiber route.
- Raise out-to-scope BOMs on PARIC and follow through to approval and execution.
- Provide operational data for all Corrective and preventive activity on the wire-line Network that feeds
- into the improvement of fiber break-fix MTTR.
- Audit, collate and verify information for the fiber wire- line network.
- Prepare and submit the as-maintained documents after every network activity.
- Review & Submit change control approvals
- Ensure submission of monthly cabinet utilization report
- Report Management Ensure weekly preventive reports are done and submitted timely for review by the Maintenance QCs
- Collation of out-of-scope BOM and supporting
- document for PO approvals.
- Preparation of weekly report of cable route condition, surveillance, Field equipment state, etc.
- Preparation of weekly cable, ODF, Cabinet and MST utilization for resource planning.
- Inventory Management &
- Documentation of all modification before and after corrective/preventive maintenance (e.g. splice reports,
- OTDR trace test, straight line diagrams, cabinet utilization reports)
- Conduct regular assessment of engineering equipment used by MSP’s for field support (Test tool audit)
- Ensures periodic inspection and maintenance of
- conduit and Manhole by MSP.
- Verify and store all acceptance documents from deployment team (e.g splice report sheet, OTDR trace, acceptance test reports).
- Ensure all Quality Control/acceptance test are done on all maintenance projects
- Periodic Inspection, maintenance and documentation of ODF and Cabinet at various CO/POP.
- Inventory Management: ensure availability of maintenance consumables. Trigger reorder before stock- out. Ensure repair / return of maintenance equipment.