The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Integrated Global Fund Grant comprising of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health Is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB, YIV,RSSH) within the LSMOH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: X-Ray Counselor
Duration of Contract: 12 months (January - December 2020)
Reporting to: STBLCP/GMU
Specific objectives and Duties
- Provide counselling to patients and their household contacts on disease infection treatment for contacts, treatment adherence, side effects and infection control. -
- Provide regular follow up to patients and their household contacts,
- Provide counselling and support on Tuberculosis ass communicable disease to both positive and non-positive TB patients.
- Provide a safe environment for people to discuss issues
- Maintaining record of the patients seen or counselled.
- Report to designated supervisor on a daily basis
- Carry out research activities as required by the program
- Conduct household visits when required
- Assisting in data entry
- Screen TB patients for co-morbid conditions and screen household contacts of TB patients
- Support other staff members of the team when required
- Maintain strict confidentiality guidelines regarding at clients, conversations and referrals
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Ensure that data entry Is completed ma timely manner
- Perform other related duties as required