- Provider: Makintouch
- Location(s): Lagos/Ikeja
- Duration: 11 days
- Fee: ₦60,000
- Venue: 24, Bamishile Street, Beside Best Western Hotel, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos
- Application Deadline Listing Expired
- Training Type fulltime
- Required Experience
- Start Date 26 December, 2016
The Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP is an independent information security certification governed by the not-for-profit International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, (ISC)2. The CISSP was the first credential in the field of information security. CISSP certification is not only an objective measure of excellence, but a globally recognized standard of achievement. Makintouch Consulting provides comprehensive CISSP training for participants who wish to gain expertise in defining the design, architecture, management and controls leading to a secure business environment.
This course addresses the essential elements of the 10 domains that comprise a Common Body of Knowledge. It offers a job-related approach to the security process, and provides basic skills required to prepare for CISSP certification.
Course Method and Materials
The course is delivered using a balanced combination of video, presentation, workshops and discussion sessions. The workshops and discussions are focused on putting into practice the techniques covered in the presentation and video. The workshops are used extensively to reinforce learning and to contribute to the development of understanding. Delegates are provided with a set of comprehensive bound course notes covering the presentation material and workshop exercises, a Workshop Workbook, a two-CD CDROM of relevant resources, and other materials and checklists for future reference and use.
Training Objectives for CISSP
- Understand and apply the concepts of risk assessment, risk analysis, data classification, and security awareness and Implement risk management and the principles used to support it (Risk avoidance, Risk acceptance, Risk mitigation, Risk transference).
- Apply a comprehensive and rigorous method for describing a current and/or future structure and behavior for an organization’s security processes, information security systems, personnel, and organizational sub-units so that these practices and processes align with the organization’s core goals and strategic direction and address the frameworks and policies, concepts, principles, structures, and standards used to establish criteria for the protection of information assets, as well as to assess the effectiveness of that protection and establish the foundation of a comprehensive and proactive security program to ensure the protection of an organization’s information assets.
- Apply a comprehensive and rigorous method for describing a current and/or future structure and behavior for an organization’s security processes, information security systems, personnel, and organizational sub-units so that these practices and processes align with the organization’s core goals and strategic direction and examine the principles, means, and methods of applying mathematical algorithms and data transformations to information to ensure its integrity, confidentiality, and authenticity.
- Offer greater visibility into determining who or what may have altered data or system information, potentially affecting the integrity of those asset and match an entity, such as a person or a computer system, with the actions that entity takes against valuable assets, allowing organizations to have a better understanding of the state of their security posture.
- Understand the structures, transmission methods, transport formats, and security measures used to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability for transmissions over private and public communications networks and media and identify risks that can be quantitatively and qualitatively measured to support the building of business cases to drive proactive security in the enterprise.
- Plan for technology development, including risk, and evaluate the system design against mission requirements, and identify where competitive prototyping and other evaluation techniques fit in the process.
- Protect and control information processing assets in centralized and distributed environments and execute the daily tasks required to keep security services operating reliably and efficiently.
- Understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and how to apply security to it, and identify which security control(s) are appropriate for the development environment, and assess the effectiveness of software security.
CISSP COURSE OUTLINE
Lesson 1: Information Systems Access Control
Data Access Principles
System Access and Authentication
Lesson 2: Security Architecture and Design
Lesson 3: Network and Telecommunications Security
Data Network Design
Remote Data Access
Data Network Security
Data Network Management
Lesson 4: Information Security Management Goals
The Application of Security Concepts
Lesson 5: Information Security Classification and Program Development
Security Program Development
Lesson 6: Risk Management and Ethics
Lesson 7: Application Security
Software Configuration Management
Database System Security
Lesson 8: Cryptography
Ciphers and Cryptography
Hashing and Message Digests
Email, Internet, and Wireless Security
Lesson 9: Physical Security
Physical Access Control
Physical Access Monitoring
Physical Security Methods
Lesson 10: Operations Security
Operations Security Control
Operations Security Auditing and Monitoring
Operational Threats and Violations
Lesson 11: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
Business Continuity Plan Fundamentals
Business Continuity Plan Implementation
Disaster Recovery Plan Fundamentals
Disaster Recovery Plan Implementation
Lesson 12: Legal, Regulations, Compliance, and Investigations
Computer Crime Laws and Regulations
Computer Crime Incident Response
Date for Training: january 23rd-28th, 9am-4pm daily.
Tel: +2348024316195, +2348180010481, 08077683927, 08077683928, 08077683910
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
Training/Course Outline / Requirements
Who Should Attend
This training course is intended for professionals who have at least 5 years of recent full-time professional work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK and are pursuing CISSP training and certification to acquire the credibility and mobility to advance within their current information security careers. The training seminar is ideal for those working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Security Architect
- Security Consultant
- IT Director/Manager
- Security Manager
- Security Auditor
- Network Architect
- Security Analyst
- Security Systems Engineer
- Director of Security
- Chief Information Security Officer
Cost covers Tuition, Microsoft Original course wares, and certificate of completion.
Sorry this Training Listing has Expired