- Provider: Makintouch Consulting
- Location(s): Lagos
- Fee: ₦50,000
- Venue: 24, Bamishile Street, Beside Best Western Hotel, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos
- Application Deadline Listing Expired
- Training Type fulltime
- Required Experience
- Start Date 09 September, 2017
Weekend classes : Saturday : 10am – 5pm
Sunday : 12pm – 4pm
Weekday classes : Mondays – Fridays
9am – 5pm
(Lagos / Ikeja)
Sept 9 ,16, 23,
09038138550 , 09023365438
Training/Course Outline / Requirements
If you are getting ready for a career as an entry-level information technology (IT) professional or computer service technician, the CompTIA® A+® course is the first step in your preparation. The course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems. This course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification examinations, 2016 objectives (exam numbers 220-901 and 220-902), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification Exam and the CompTIA 220-902 Certification Exam.
"In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems. You will:
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
1 - Hardware Fundamentals
- Topic A: Personal Computer Components
- Topic B: Storage Devices
- Topic C: Mobile Digital Devices
- Topic D: Connection Interfaces
2 - Managing System Components
- Topic A: Identify Motherboard Components and Features
- Topic B: Install and Configure CPUs and Cooling Systems
- Topic C: Install Power Supplies
- Topic D: Troubleshoot System Components
3 - Managing Data Storage
- Topic A: Identify RAM Types and Features
- Topic B: Troubleshoot RAM Issues
- Topic C: Install and Configure Storage Devices
- Topic D: Configure the System Firmware
- Topic E: Troubleshoot Hard Drives and RAID Arrays
4 - Supporting Display Devices
- Topic A: Install Display Devices
- Topic B: Configure Display Devices
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Video and Display Devices
5 - Installing and Configuring Peripheral Components
- Topic A: Install and Configure Input Devices
- Topic B: Install and Configure Output Devices
- Topic C: Install and Configure Input/Output Devices
- Topic D: Install and Configure Expansion Cards
6 - Customized Client Environments
- Topic A: Types of Common Business Clients
- Topic B: Custom Client Environments
7 - Supporting Printers and Multifunction Devices
- Topic A: Printer and Multifunction Technologies
- Topic B: Install and Configure Printers
- Topic C: Maintain Printers
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Printers
8 - Networking Technologies
- Topic A: TCP/IP Properties and Characteristics
- Topic B: TCP/IP
- Topic C: Internet Connections
- Topic D: Ports and Protocols
- Topic E: Networking Tools
9 - Installing and Configuring Networking Capabilities
- Topic A: Configure Basic Windows Networking
- Topic B: Configure Network Perimeters
- Topic C: Using Windows Networking Features
- Topic D: Install and Configure SOHO Networks
10 - Supporting Mobile Digital Devices
- Topic A: Install and Configure Exterior Laptop Components
- Topic B: Install and Configure Interior Laptop Components
- Topic C: Other Mobile Devices
- Topic D: Mobile Device Accessories and Ports
- Topic E: Mobile Device Connectivity
- Topic F: Mobile Device Synchronization
- Topic G: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Hardware
11 - Operating System Fundamentals
- Topic A: PC and Mobile Operating Systems
- Topic B: PC Operating System Tools and Utilities
12 - Installing and Configuring Microsoft Windows
- Topic A: Implement Client-Side Virtualization
- Topic B: Install Microsoft Windows
- Topic C: Use Microsoft Windows
- Topic D: Configure Microsoft Windows
- Topic E: Upgrade Microsoft Windows
13 - Optimizing and Maintaining Microsoft Windows
- Topic A: Optimize Microsoft Windows
- Topic B: Back Up and Restore System Data
- Topic C: Perform Disk Maintenance
- Topic D: Update Software
14 - Working With Other Operating Systems
- Topic A: The OS X Operating System
- Topic B: The Linux Operating System
15 - Networking and Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: Network Types
- Topic B: Network Components
- Topic C: Common Network Services
- Topic D: Cloud Concepts
- Topic E: Security Fundamentals
16 - Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Controls
- Topic A: Common Security Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: General Security Controls
- Topic C: Mobile Security Controls
- Topic D: Data Destruction and Disposal Methods
17 - Implementing Security Controls
- Topic A: Secure Operating Systems
- Topic B: Secure Workstations
- Topic C: Secure SOHO Networks
- Topic D: Secure Mobile Devices
18 - Troubleshooting System-Wide Issues
- Topic A: Troubleshoot PC Operating Systems
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Mobile Device Operating Systems and Applications
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Wired and Wireless Networks
- Topic D: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
19 - Safety and Operational Procedures
- Topic A: Basic Maintenance Tools and Techniques
- Topic B: Personal and Electrical Safety
- Topic C: Environmental Safety and Materials Handling
- Topic D: Professionalism and Communication
- Topic E: Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Topic F: Troubleshooting Theory
Sorry this Training Listing has Expired