PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa PwC is the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9,000 people in 34 countries.
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. They're one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 26 resident partners.
Working at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
If you aim is to work in a challenging environment and learn a lot whether you’re an accomplished professional or a promising new talent, PwC is a good place for you, each department has a social club that organises fun activities regularly.
PwC also provide opportunities for skills development both locally and abroad. You’ll be able to interact with lots of people from many different backgrounds. PwC supports gender diversity. Every year 50% of its new staff is female.
10 Global Core Competencies that PwC seeks in every recruit.
- Demonstrate courage and integrity (being honest, having strong moral principles)
- Acquire and apply commercial and technical expertise
- Manage projects and economics
- Be open minded and practical, and respond quickly to change
- Communicate with impact and empathy (understanding and sharing the feelings of another person)
- Develop yourself and others through coaching
- Be curious: learn, share and innovate
- Lead and contribute to team success
- Build and sustain relationships
- Be passionate about client service
Interview Process at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Nigeria
The interview process is usually a 2-stage one comprising of a written test after which successful candidates were called up for a face-to-face interview session.
The face-to-face interview session had 2 sections: the first being one where applicants were split into groups and had to come face the panel to deliberate on and put forward a presentation on a topic which would be given to them right there and then within 15 minutes.
So in summary you will take an Aptitude test followed by a day long interview process comprising panel interview, oral presentation, one on one interview, review of case studies and group interaction.
The second phase consisted of the usual one-on-one interview with the interviewers.
Some Interview Questions to expect at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Nigeria
- Let us meet you
- Describe a situation that shows you are resilient
- Describe a situation that shows you are analytical
- Talk about your experience
- Tell us about a time you a group project and had a partner that didn’t do any work. How did you manage it?
- Describe how you handled a conflict situation in a team.
- Describe a time which you have been receiving mentoring or given mentor to other people.
- Give an example of how you built a relationship with someone quickly.
- Give a real life example of how you made an impact on a business.
- Tell us about a time when you actively sought feedback.
- Provide an example of how you deal with one or more complex problems.
- Why do you want to work at PWC?
- What can you bring to the team?
- What do you expect to be doing in 10 years?
- What are your weaknesses?
- A question around coping with tight deadlines and extreme pressure, and how to handle them.
- How did you find the group discussion; what did you like about it/ what was your opinion of it?
- Tell us about yourself; what you know about PwC, and why you want PwC
- Given your background in Engineering, why do you want PwC
- What domestic applications have you created using knowledge from your degree?
- Give an example of when you led a team.
- Give us an example of when you got a feedback, positive and negative.
- Tell us something you read about business recently.
- What do you think about your communication skills?
- What do you like about leading a team?
- Have you faced harsh criticism?
- On a night out with your friends, which role do you play in the group?
- Are you currently applying for job in another audit firms?
- Can I phone your boss now and ask him if I should hire you?
- Do you see yourself becoming a partner at this firm?
Download PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) Aptitude Test past questions and answers below. This pack comprises of PwC Verbal reasoning test and Numerical reasoning test.