KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. It is one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst & Young (EY), and PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).It's headquarters is in Amstelveen, the Netherlands and employs over 189,000 people.
The name "KPMG" stands for "Klynveld Peat Marwick Goerdeler." It was chosen when KMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler) merged with Peat Marwick in 1987.
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community.
Working at KPMG
If you wish to follow your dreams and are currently looking for the right job to offer you personal fullfilment KPMG is the right place for you. You will get the best business schooling and support, no matter whether you choose Audit, Tax, Advisory or Legal services as your destination. From the very beginning, you will be engaged in some interesting projects. You will become a full-fledged team member and get the chance to work hard and develop your skills.
Six reasons to work at KPMG
- Personal development
- Internships abroad
- Social responsibility
- Work-life balance
- Friendly work environment
- Remuneration and benefits
9 Core Skills and Competencies that KPMG seeks in every recruit.
During the recruitment process you might hear the phrase ‘Behavioural Capabilities’ a lot. These are the skills and behaviours that every KPMG employee is expected to have.
- Career Motivation: Have you thought about why you’d enjoy working for KPMG? Researched the work involved? Got an understanding of what you’ll be doing early on in your career?
- Ability to Deliver Quality: Can you: Take a structured approach to your work? Keep track of your progress towards a goal? Plan ahead and manage multiple tasks efficiently?
- Ability to Drive Collaboration and Inclusion: Building deep relationships is a big part of success at KPMG. KPMG needs people who thrive working in a team and enjoy discussing ideas. Do you: Understand the needs of different audiences and adapt your communication style accordingly? Engage with fellow team members in order to deliver an excellent outcome? Avoid blaming others and help your team members to learn from any mistakes?
- Strives for Continual Improvement: The opportunities available at KPMG are vast. KPMG expect you to have the motivation to achieve your potential. Do you: Seek feedback on your performance and learn from your experiences? Have an understanding of your strengths and weaknesses? Look to others for guidance? Search for ways to challenge yourself?
- Ability to Exercise Professional Judgement: KPMG will provide you with the autonomy to make decisions so they need to be sure you have the ability to analyse information and justify your approach with clarity and confidence.
- Ability to Make an Impact: You must be able to communicate passionately and professionally. It’s important that people are confident in what you have to say, and that you’re able to convey your point in an influential way.
- Able to Seize Business Opportunities: Do you: Have a knack for spotting an opportunity? Enjoy expanding your network? Keep up to date with business news? Relish going the extra mile for clients?
- Ability to Demonstrate Innovation and Curiosity: To solve problems in innovative ways, you must be able to think creatively. KPMG expects to be innovative, disruptive thinker, adaptable and curious.
- Resilience: How do you react to challenges and keep motivated whilst under pressure? Do you complete projects on time? Can you think of setbacks, in education or work, that you've overcome? Are you looking for an exciting career in a challenging, fast-paced environment?
Interview Process at KPMG Nigeria
After application, the first interview stage is usually a GMAT based Aptitude Test, designed to explore the candidates knowledge and skillset on suitability for the job. The next is Situational Judgment Test (SJT) designed to assess how you will approach various scenarios that may potentially occur within the KPMG workspace. For each situation, a number of responses will be provided and candidates must judge the most effective course of action.
The Final interview stage comprises of Assessment Center and One-on-One Interview. This is a combination of tasks and activities including group activities that test your overall suitability for the job with an interview to determine if you are the right candidate for the job.
If you are successful after all the stages an offer letter will be sent to you, with clarification on your preferred unit, start and end dates.
For Undergraduate recruitment KPMG recruitment process for takes two folds; online essay writing and a telephone interview. The essay exercise is conducted over email, so you do not have to worry about going to KPMG Lagos office to take the test.
Some Interview Questions to expect at KPMG Nigeria
- Why do you want to join KPMG?
- Tell us of a time you led a team.
- Tell us of a time you disagreed with a senior staff or team member.
- Walk us through your previous experiences.
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
- Tell me a time when you demonstrated leadership.
- What are you passionate about?
- Let us meet you.
- What are your strength and weaknesses?
- Tell us about your final year project.
- Where you see yourself in five years time?
- If you were the brand of a car,which would you be and why?
- Tell us what you know about KPMG?
- Why are you applying for this role?
Download KPMG Aptitude Test past questions and answers below. This pack comprises of KPMG Verbal test, KPMG Critical Test, KPMG Essays and KPMG Numerical test. Click Buy Package to Order and download