- Organization: Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Application Deadline Listing Expired
- Required Experience Bachelor's Degree/HND
Manchester Metropolitan University is inviting applications for Al-Habeeb Scholarship for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism for September 2016 entry. The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
The purpose of the Al-Habeeb Scholarship is to encourage student recipients to champion and promote the issues facing Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in the United Kingdom through journalism and writing.
Manchester Metropolitan University is a British public university located in North West England. It was established in 1970 as Manchester Polytechnic and gained university status in 1992.
Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for masters degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Study Subject: Scholarship is tenable in Multimedia Journalism at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship is of worth £5,000.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
- Candidates must apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree for September 2016 entry before applying for the Scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism programme only.
- The Scholarship is available to self-funded candidates only.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
- The Al-Habeeb Scholarship may not be added to other University bursaries or scholarships, such as the family or Vice-Chancellor’s scholarships.
Nationality: The Scholarship is available to candidates of any nationality from the UK, EU and overseas.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: To apply for the Al-Habeeb Scholarship, applicants must:
- Apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University for September 2016 entry.
- Download and complete the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form and read the terms and conditions (on the final page of the form).
- The Al-Habeeb Scholarship Application Form asks the applicant to write a personal statement of approximately 1000 words, which should cover the following four areas:
(a) demonstrate an interest in writing and/or debating about BME issues (giving specific examples of academic/writing experience where/if possible);
(b) provide examples of how to tackle stereotypes and myths about BME communities through journalism;
(c) suggest ways to improve communications between BME communities and host communities;
(d) describe how an applicant would be an advocate and champion for BME community issues during their studies and after completing the programme.
- The answers to the four sections will be allocated points and used by the Al-Habeeb Scholarship Awarding Panel to select the Scholarship recipient.
- Send their CV together with the completed application form by post or electronically.
Sorry this Scholarship Listing has Expired