- Organization: Hope for Women in Nigeria (HOFOWEM)
- Application Deadline Not Specified
- Required Experience Bachelor's Degree/HND
HOFOWEM’s key area of influence is Lagos State particularly the rural communities. One of the themes for the actualization of HOFOWEM’s goals is themed “Hope for Children”.
Hope for Children: HOFOWEM seeks to help rehabilitate Vulnerable Children and encourage the education of underprivileged children. The welfare and health care of underprivileged children is also an area HOFOWEM considers key in its transformation agenda. Hope for Children birth the “HOFOWEM Scholarship Scheme”.
The scholarship programme is sponsored to give opportunity for brilliant indigent students in Lagos State Public Secondary School to pursue first degree courses in Nigeria. The recipients of this scholarship will choose courses that will address critical issues on Engineering, Environment, Food security, Education, Public health and other key areas that will address societal needs.
Terms and Conditions for the Award
- The recipient of this scholarship will offer courses that will address critical issues in Engineering, Environment, Food Security, Education, Health and other key areas that will address societal needs. In addition;
- An awardee will not change the course of study specified in the letter of award without obtaining prior approval of HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- A change in the University/Institution during the study will only be admissible with the prior approval of the HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- An awardee stands to forfeit the Scholarship Award if the award is not utilited within a period of one (1) year, and
- The award is to be forfeited in the event of academic decline.
Screening Exercise for Applicants
Only successful applicants will be contacted for the screening exercise.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR HOFOWEM SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
To qualify for the award:
- An applicant must be an indigene and resident of Lagos State.
- Candidates must have prospects of securing admission into a government recognized Higher Institution in Nigeria before applying.
- Candidates must have been a student in Public Secondary Schools in Lagos State.
- This scheme is for candidates pursuing undergraduate courses and candidates must have minimum of 6As in WASSCE or equivalent including English and Mathematics at one sitting.
- Candidates MUST be on full-time studies and NOT part-time.
- Students who enjoy Lagos State Bursary Award or any other Scholarship are NOT eligible.