The University of Guelph is like no other university in Canada. Research-intensive and learner-centered, its campuses span urban hubs and rural communities. The University is known for excellence in the arts and sciences and for its commitment to developing exceptional thinkers and engaged citizens.
University of Guelph has 29,507 undergraduate and graduate students at their campuses in Guelph, Toronto and Ridgetown, including 1,400 international students from more than 120 countries. More than 150 years after the launch of their founding colleges, and more than 50 years since the establishment of the University of Guelph, they now have more than 173,000 alumni living in 160 countries.
Known for its beautiful, safe campuses and welcoming, supportive culture, U of G blends historical and modern architecture with cutting-edge technology. Their living and learning environments encourage exploration and the interdisciplinary sharing of new ideas, critical for meeting challenges posed by our more complex and interconnected world.
Scholarships host: University of Guelph, Canada
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship level: Undergraduates
Slots: Not stated.
Scholarship Worth: $5,500 – $8,500
Subject Eligibility: All courses tenable at the school
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the University of Guelph International Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships in Canada 2020; applicants are to meet up with the following
- Application are open to candidates around the world
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University
- Applicants must be registered in full-time studies and achieve a minimum 80.0% average in their previous academic year of full-time study (typically fall/winter).
- English Language Requirement: Candidates are required to meet their English language requirements of the University.
Students offered an International Entrance Scholarship will automatically be awarded renewable amounts if all criteria are met.
How to Apply
As part of the application process, eligible candidates must submit the online Application form to the university.
Document Requirement: To apply for the award, eligible applicants are required to present the following documents: Proof of language proficiency (international candidates), CV and Contact information (email, address, and phone).
For accepting the admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Consider your application for admission and your scholarship eligibility when the required curriculum-specific supporting documentation, as stated on the Admission Services website, is received. Successful recipients will be informed of their scholarship with their offer of admission.
- Apply the scholarship to your U of G student account in two equal payments over the fall and winter semesters.
Conditions of Entrance Scholarships
- Recipients must register for both the fall and winter semesters in year 1.
- Recipients must pay the full-time International student tuition and fees.
- Recipients must remain registered in full-time studies and achieve a minimum 80.0% average in their previous academic year of full-time study (typically fall/winter).
- Recipients must continue to pay the International student tuition and fees.
NOTE: Entrance scholarships cannot be deferred. Students who defer their offer of admission are reconsidered the following year based on the availability of scholarship for that cohort.
June 1, 2020